Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Nit

From: Mark A. Flacy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Nit
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 00:42:10 -0500

>>>>> "Colin" == Colin Walters <address@hidden> writes:
Colin>
Colin> I didn't say that it wasn't *possible*.  Just that it is clearly
Colin> more difficult and less reliable.  You have to come up with a way to
Colin> serialize strings, integers, floating point numbers, structures,
Colin> lists, hash tables, tuples...and then deserialize them in the other
Colin> process.  Then you need a way to send over commands...with
Colin> arguments...it just gets very ugly very fast.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1014.txt

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1057.txt

Given that we've already had our XML arguments, I'll only mention that in
passing.

Pushing data from one process to another is an old problem that has been
solved many times.  Is it as simple as direct access?  Nope.  Is it rocket
science?  Nope.

--
 Mark A. Flacy
 Any opinions expressed above are my own.  Any facts expressed above