Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Nit

From: Mark A. Flacy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Nit
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 22:35:13 -0500

Tom> There's definately cost/value trade-offs in that problem space and
Tom> implementing in C just makes those a lot sharper.  Maybe somebody
Tom> should write a Common Lisp or Java version of arch :-)

You're probably just pulling limbs, but a Java version of arch won't really
fly.

No concept of group or owner and no concept of permission bits[1].

You *can* get around such things via some native library code, but that
rather defeats the "run-anywhere" model.

Footnotes:
[1]  Read-only and hidden files are supported.

--
 Mark A. Flacy
 Any opinions expressed above are my own.  Any facts expressed above