[Gnu-arch-users] Re: [OT] Java is fun!

From: zander
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [OT] Java is fun!
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 00:35:18 +0200

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 02:52:53PM -0700, Tom Lord wrote:
>     > Stop bashing java, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about
>     > and are basically making a fool of yourself; your expertise is somewhere
>     > else; take the ideas you like and walk away.
>
>     > Just thought you should know.
> Please defend your claim.

The fact that I countered this exact problem twice (with long explenations
and example code) in the last couple of days does not count?

> If I'm a fool I'm a fool but please indulge me and
> explain why I should believe so.

I'm not really into yet another flamefest so i'll pass.

> What, am I making a syntax error or something that you use as an
> excuse to flame me?

Don't get paranoid man; it does not look good on you.

> What's your point?

I know what java exceptions are about and their problems; if you feel you
want to produce a better product (tla) and maybe make a buck, I suggest
take my word for it and get on with your work; its not like tla will be
rewritten in java by you.

Or are you one of those guys that really need to be right?
In that case; you are right!

Nothing to see here; move on please.
--
Thomas Zander