[Gnu-arch-users] Re: [OT] Java is fun!

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [OT] Java is fun!
Date: 23 Oct 2003 17:14:52 +0900

Thomas Zander <address@hidden> writes:
> "I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding
> because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they
> have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Pithy, but of course wrong (as so much of what maggie said)...

[Some behaviors simply invite personal attack, regardless of whether
one has more dispassionate responses available.  For instance, if one
repeatedly makes what one thinks are good points, but the opposing
party consistently ignores them (or, more commonly, ignores most of
them, and instead focuses narrowly on some irrelevant detail), it's
pretty natural to get fed up and just call them a twit.]

-Miles
--
Occam's razor split hairs so well, I bought the whole argument!