[Gnu-arch-users] Re: ANN: Spaces in filenames

From: John Goerzen
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: ANN: Spaces in filenames
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:57:10 -0600

I ran into a problem recently regarding brackets "[" and "]" in
filenames.   Could this solution also fix that problem?  Actually, I
don't see why they are banned in the C version at all; there should be
no escaping necessary.

While we're on the subject, perhaps a more general mechanism than
backslash escaping should be used -- maybe percent-hex escaping like
URLs?  That would also allow tla to support filenames with embedded
newlines and 8-bit names easier.

-- John