Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Fatal bug in tla?

From: Samuel Tardieu
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Fatal bug in tla?
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 23:34:12 +0100

On 11/12, Tom Lord wrote:

| I've had a look and this is going to be absolutely trivial to repair.
| (Basically, you have to append one line to a .patch file in the
| changeset for your revision patch-17 -- I can walk you through this
| off list if you don't know what I mean.).

That will be fine, thanks, I'll do this.

| But since you don't want this to recur -- we ought to find out why it
| happened in the first place.   I can't reproduce it locally and that
| raises the question:
|
| What version of diff are you using?

diff - GNU diffutils version 2.7

F*cking FreeBSD.

Roberto, any chance to use a more recent version in -STABLE? (why do
this look like a recurring discussion?)

Tom, could tla's configure use gpatch/gdiff if they are present instead
of patch/diff? Or could it at least take an option for setting the
programs to use?

In the meantime, I'll symlink /usr/local/bin/diff -> gdiff and things
will be ok.

If you know how to reproduce the problem, it would be great to add a test:
I just tried the whole test suite, and it passed just fine :/ (unless it
doesn't stop on error)

  Sam