Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [TLATOR] Stabilization + updates

From: Mark A. Flacy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [TLATOR] Stabilization + updates
Date: 19 Dec 2003 03:37:09 -0600

>>>>> "Samium" == Samium Gromoff <address@hidden> writes:
Samium>

[The fix in the next paragraph concerns the patch for gnu make 3.60)

Samium> The nice thing is that this fix (not mine, i`ve picked it from the head
make)
Samium> is already in debian unstable for about three, or even more, months.

That's nice if you use debian unstable.  That's not so nice if you don't.

Admittedly, I use a low-runner distribution (Slackware) but it seems that
I'm not the only one of your limited pool of potential users who don't have
the patched make.

Every time that I've tried to use tlatorui, I've retrofitted automake &
autoconf to get it to compile.  It's not exactly difficult, but it's not
something that I would do on a lark.  It would be interesting to see if
tlatorui useage increased if you were to create a branch with automake
support.

But you've heard all that before.

Of greater usefulness to you, you have two includes of valgrind header
files in nsui_component.c; those should be optionally included.  I know
what valgrind is (having used it on one of my own projects) but do not
currently have it installed.

The user interface is rather confusing in that there is no clear indication
of which button would lead to something useful after starting the gui.  I
believe that the archive browser window should come up automatically by
default if you do not start the gui from within a tla controlled directory
and within the source tree browser by default if you are within a tla
controlled directory.  Those seem to be reasonable defaults to me.

In fact, I haven't figured out how to get an existing source tree to show
up in the source tree browser.