Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File-tpye plug-in architecture for Arch?

From: Tupshin Harper
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File-tpye plug-in architecture for Arch?
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 17:26:25 -0800

Tom Lord wrote:

But at any rate, we have some document.  Two people edit it.  We want
to make a nice friendly way to merge their changes -- one that doesn't
require programming or XML or other programmer-level expertise.

_That_ is (most of) the interesting problem and this thread has worked
very hard at not talking about it.

-t
Agreed. Which is why in *previous* post I talked about UI and workflow issues (well...tangentially) and how it is impossible to have a good user experience unless you integrate conflict resolution into OO and display rendered versions of conflicting segments and let the user decide which to select.

But you didn't respond to that message. ;-)

-Tupshin