Re: [Gnu-arch-users] bad permissions when adding revisions to the librar

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] bad permissions when adding revisions to the library
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 13:58:23 +0100

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 13:50:19 +0100, Pau Aliagas wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Jan Hudec wrote:
>
> > > I'm not sure that tla preserves the setuid bits, in fact I think it does
> > > not. But anyway I'm talking about permissions that are commited to the
> > > archive and lost afterwards.
> >
> > You have all directories in your working tree with setgid bits set???
>
> Yes, I commit the changes with all the dirs g+s but they are not kept when
> adding revisions to the library. That is a problem when you want to share
> a directory to keep revision available for a devel group.

Now, that is a bug in arch. Arch should either:
- Remember the suid & sgid bits and restore them apropriately.
- Leave suid & sgid bits alone, leaving them in whatever state system
  created them. Thus if parent dir is sgid, new directories should
  remain sgid.

If it behaves neither way, it's a bug and should be fixed (it shouldn't
be too hard).

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec
<address@hidden>