Re: [Gnu-arch-users] sftp rename?

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] sftp rename?
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 12:35:05 -0500

>> Thats not even counting the number of servers that don't
>> have either installed.
>
> Which part of 'desktop' was unclear?
> Its about name recognition; I doubt graphics software on the server has
> anything to do with that.

The part in which out of the six machines I have with arch, only one of
has X on it.

>> Though its a fallacy of locality, I don't even have kde on my machines.
>> On my servers I don't have X installed at all; on my laptops I have
>> gnome because of gnucash. However, *all* of my machines have ssh and
>> thusly sftp.
>>
>> That all said... what is fish exactly? Is it just sftp under a different
>> name?
> It is.
>
>> If so, why not just hack up pfs to accept fish:// silently as
>> sftp?
>
> Isn't that exactly what I proposed?  My proposal is to rename it (see topic).

I don't think we're on the same wavelength. I'm certainly against
renaming sftp:// to fish://, I'm not necessarily against silently accepting
fish:// as sftp://.

--
James Blackwell        Using I.T. to bring more                570-407-0488
Owner, Inframix        business to your business        http://inframix.com