[Gnu-arch-users] tla-1.1 and diff

From: tomas
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] tla-1.1 and diff
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:35:52 +0100

Hi,

trying to configure tla-1.1 on my machine, I get

  The configured versions of diff and diff3 do not handle files
  not ending in newline correctly.

After reading previous posts on this mailing list's archive,
I find a thread on this subject. Still I'm confused: what is
supposed to be diff's ``correct behaviour''? (i.e. issuing
the marker ``\ No newline at end of file'' or not?)

It's on a more or less recentish Debian GNU/Linux. Diff says:

 [edoras]~> diff --version
 diff - GNU diffutils version 2.7

This diff outputs the mentioned marker at the end of a file
lacking the last newline. But as I mentioned above, I don't
know whether this is ``right'' or ``wrong''

(I installed tla 1.0.6 now instead as a ``solution'')

Thanks for any help

-- tomás