Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla-1.1 and diff

From: tomas
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla-1.1 and diff
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:42:53 +0100

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 10:51:32AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 03:35, address@hidden wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > trying to configure tla-1.1 on my machine, I get
> >
> >   The configured versions of diff and diff3 do not handle files
> >   not ending in newline correctly.

[...]

> >  [edoras]~> diff --version
> >  diff - GNU diffutils version 2.7
>
> This is too old. In general, stable debian won't do.

Thanks for all your helpful answers. Generally, I don't mind
installing a new diff (Debian package or sources or whatever).
I just was unsure whether this was due to my diff's age or
to my stupidity or to some configure glitch.

I'll try tla-1.2pre0 as Tom suggested, and if the problem
persists try a newer diff.

Thanks again

-- tomás