Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Spaces in filenames

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Spaces in filenames
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:15:30 -0800 (PST)

    > From: "Steve Folta" <address@hidden>

    > I need [spaces in filenames]!  And I'd rather not have to go
    > back to CVS for my projects that have them.  Is there any ETA
    > for when Arch will allow them?

No, there isn't.

While I'm in busking mode there seems so far to consistently be
something more important to work on -- changes that more people are
anxious for or will appreciate.  Only a small subset of the user
community really strongly wants support for spaces in filenames.

As jblack said: do it, pay for it, take up a collection for it
.... those are the best bets.