[Gnu-arch-users] Re-linking to revlib implemented

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re-linking to revlib implemented
Date: 14 Jan 2004 13:03:17 -0500

Hi all,

I've added a --link option to 'tla changes' that can be used to
hard-link all unmodified files to the revision library.

That is, if revision foo is in the library, the tree produced by "tla
get foo; cd foo; tla changes --link" should be equivalent to a tree
produced by "tla get --link foo".

The code is in my patch-20, and depends on my previous revisions
patch-9, patch-10, and patch-11.

Only unmodified files on the same device are hard-linked, but the code
does not test whether the reference version is from a library or a
pristine.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Oh, and could someone please explain what the file-equivalence test
using "inode_sig_shortcuts_of_b" actually does?  I'm just treating it as
a black box right now.

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley