Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re-linking to revlib implemented

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re-linking to revlib implemented
Date: 15 Jan 2004 14:07:57 -0500

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 12:10, James Blackwell wrote:
> In lists.arch.users, you wrote:
>
> > Maybe it would be a good idea to add this to Arch too, so that we could
> > write:
> >
> > get --link
>
> I have already implemented this in my wedged tree. I could pull this out
> and put it back into my new export tree.
>
> > buildcfg --link
>
> I think I did this one too.

James, if this is to be implemented in tla instead of a wrapper script,
I think it makes sense to generalise it so the same functionality can be
used for any option to any command.  A quick glance suggests adding it
to opt_standard(), possibly as opt_standard_prefixed() with an
additional "command name" parameter.

Personally, I think a wrapper script will be faster, easier, and just as
functional.

Aaron
--
Aaron Bentley