Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Spaces in filenames ... will come soon!

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Spaces in filenames ... will come soon!
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:44:10 -0800

On Jan 15, 2004, at 6:37, address@hidden wrote:

"corporate settings" need win32 interoperability.

        Prefix a ``some'' in there for enhanced accuracy.

        [warning:  OT age spoiler]

When I was in school, my comp sci professor told the class that Windows 95 was the future of computing. When I entered the work force, one of the most well-respected technologists in my area told me that I would someday have to use Windows in my career (I was the guy in my company with a Sun on my desk).

In all of the time I've been doing this, people have told me similar things. This seems to make them feel better for doing things they don't like. The thing I've noticed is that it just keeps getting easier to avoid Windows, and I imagine that that will not be changing. I've always managed to have a Sun, SGI, NetBSD, OS X, or Linux box as my primary computer at any job I've had, and I'm starting to not be the only one.

That said, if such win32 interoperability allows me to avoid breaking archives due to case insensitivity, let me know how I can help. :)

--
Dustin Sallings