[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Spaces in filenames ... will come soon!

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Spaces in filenames ... will come soon!
Date: 16 Jan 2004 12:56:33 +0900

Dustin Sallings <address@hidden> writes:
> I currently hack around at stuff each time I want to do a newer build on
> my Solaris 8 box.  I have been considering making some more formal mods
> and maintaining them, but if you've got something that works, that would
> be nice.

I think I've done the same hacks as most people.

I put a few source changes into my personal tla branch, but of course the
main thing is installing lots of GNU utilities to replace the brain-dead
Solaris versions.

Here's a little HOWTO file I wrote though.  It's for `Solaris 2.7' though
and I'm not sure whether `Solaris 8' is any different (or really even how
they're related, as Sun seems to change their version-numbering scheme with
every release!):

-Miles
--
自らを空にして、心を開く時、道は開かれる