[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Spaces in filenames ... will come soon!

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Spaces in filenames ... will come soon!
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 00:50:42 -0800

On Jan 15, 2004, at 19:56, Miles Bader wrote:

Here's a little HOWTO file I wrote though. It's for `Solaris 2.7' though and I'm not sure whether `Solaris 8' is any different (or really even how they're related, as Sun seems to change their version-numbering scheme with
every release!):

gnu-tar definitely seems to be required. After applying your patches in my tree, the build was successful with the following configure commandline:

        ../configure
                --with-cc `which gcc`
                --with-gnu-diff /usr/local/bin/diff
                --with-gnu-diff3 /usr/local/bin/diff3
                --with-gnu-tar /usr/local/bin/tar
                --with-gnu-patch /usr/local/bin/patch
                --config-shell `which bash`
                --with-posix-shell `which bash`

Solaris 8 seems to come with bash. It turns out the bourne shell was a big part of the build problem I had been having.

        Thanks.

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>