Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Making microbranches popular

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Making microbranches popular
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 06:51:07 +1100

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 06:40, Robert Anderson wrote:
> [...]

"." isn't a valid tla branch element.
ntop--release--2-2c--0 works though, which leads to my 2c.. name the
branch whatever makes sense, put HEAD into a -0 version, and to created
named branches wherever the upstream really used a branch, not a tag.
Lastly document all this for us dumb users by setting up a dists
directory with files exactly matching the upstream version #.

Rob