Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Making microbranches popular

From: Mark Thomas
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Making microbranches popular
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 23:21:35 +0000 (GMT)

You could require that branch names start with a letter, making:

        emacs--21.3             # a version with empty branch name

but

        emacs--21.3a            # an invalid version

and

        emacs--dev-21.3a        # now a valid branch with no version id

> Is the inevitable resulting user confusion really worth it?

I think when you start munging names like this, user confusion is
inevitable :(

Regards,

  Mark Thomas.