Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Making microbranches popular

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Making microbranches popular
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:20:11 -0800 (PST)

    > From: James Blackwell <address@hidden>

    > You're not as heretical as you think. I agree with you, and whats more,
    > other people that "get" arch to varying levels have had the same
    > epithany. In practice, versions *are* superior to branches.

In practice, it goes both ways.  Sometimes branch-major is right.
Sometimes version-major.

One simple approach is just to have browser and report-generation
commands offer two sorting options: one branch-major, the other
version-major.

One complex approach would be to add a new optional level to the
hierarchy for "threads" -- sub-version branches.