Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Making microbranches popular

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Making microbranches popular
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:32:05 -0500

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 07:21:37PM -0500, Miles Bader wrote:
> The point is that the relationship is _arbitrary_, and "microbranches" are
> simply one possible use; they are not the only one, nor a dominant one.

I should add that because the relationship is arbitrary, if I were
redesigning arch today, I'd probably prefer to use a name syntax that allows
an arbitrary sequence of branches/versions, e.g., BRA_OR_VER[--BRA_OR_VER]*

However there's no advantage in simply switching the order of branches and
versions in the current fixed format, and certainly a lot of pain.

-Miles
--
Suburbia: where they tear out the trees and then name streets after them.