Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Setting tree revision for imported sources

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Setting tree revision for imported sources
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 17:36:40 -0500

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 03:54:33PM +0100, Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:
> sometimes I would like to check out a tree from another source
> (bitkeeper), and import it corresponding to a known version of my arch
> tree. I seem to be very good at corrupting bk checkouts, so sometimes I
> need to start from scratch.
>
> What I am doing right now is that I 'tla get' the version from arch,
> delete all the source files, and copy the remaining skeleton tree to the
> bk checkout. Arch will complain about failing inode signatures, so I rm
> -rf the pristine tree, and can work from there.

I'm a little confused as to what you're trying to do -- do you want to
combine the latest-version of the source from BK + the patch-logs ({arch}/*}
from revision X of the arch archive, and commit that to arch as revision X +
1?  And you're starting with a shared arch/BK tree from some past arch
revision?

If that's the case, maybe you want to use `tla sync-tree' -- it's sort of
like doing tla replay on _only_ the {arch} files.  It looks like you could
do just `bk update; tla sync-tree; tla commit ...'.

-Miles
--
`...the Soviet Union was sliding in to an economic collapse so comprehensive
 that in the end its factories produced not goods but bads: finished products