Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Setting tree revision for imported sources

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Setting tree revision for imported sources
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 08:26:56 -0500

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 01:32:32PM +0100, Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:
> Another problem with this approach is that I manually have to delete the
> pristine tree, as inode signature validation will fail.
>
> I suppose this is OK, except that is makes things hard to automate.

Why?  It's completely trivial -- `rm -rf {arch}/++pristine-trees'

Of course a better approach would be to simply not use pristine trees at all.
They're almost obsolete these days (that is, there are probably some special
applications where you might want to use them, but the vast majority of the
time it's easier to use a greedy revision library instead).

-Miles
--
Would you like fries with that?