Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Setting tree revision for imported sources

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Setting tree revision for imported sources
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:04:51 -0500

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 05:45:51PM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> Quite possible.  Looking at the doc of tla-update-ids, the only difference
> seems to be in the similarity algorithm (Meta-CVS tries to avoid the O(n^2)
> behavior when there are many moved files: especially important when
> directories are moved since Meta-CVS does not track directories at all and
> consider it as a mass-move of files instead).

Yeah, I know; I felt slightly guilty when I wrote that, but figured that 99%
of the time, file moves involve only a few files (at least in the emacs tree,
which is my main point of reference for these tools) so it didn't seem worth
it to spend lots of effort being clever.

-Miles
--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia