Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tag'ged (branched) and cacherev'ed archive dependen

From: Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tag'ged (branched) and cacherev'ed archive dependency?
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:37:04 -0300

On Thu, Feb 19 2004 at 11:24:34PM BRT, Robert Collins <address@hidden> wrote:

> Your mirror probably doesn't have the cached revision.

        Hmmm... True, it doesn't. Do I have to cacherev
address@hidden/zzbot--devel--0.1, is that it? Shouldn't
archive-mirror do that for me?

> That said, deleting the old archive is a generally bad idea, as you lose
> access to the detailed history.

        I noticed that, I'll probably keep it somewhere. But, again,
shouldn't cacherev include the detailed history for the projects in
question? Perhaps via a command-line option? Sometimes you just have to
erase an archive (say, you'll have to format the machine, or you find out
you made a mess out of it, or your hard drive crashes and you simply lose it
all)...

        Thanks a lot,

                rbp
--
 Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel                         <address@hidden>
 http://isnomore.net                          GPG KeyId: <0x0DB14978>

Philosophers [...] say a great deal about what is "absolutely necessary"
for science, and it is always [...] rather naive, and probably wrong.
          -- Richard Feynman, "The Feynman Lectures on Physics"