Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tag'ged (branched) and cacherev'ed archive dependen

From: Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tag'ged (branched) and cacherev'ed archive dependency?
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 04:30:06 -0300

On Fri, Feb 20 2004 at 03:57:28AM BRT, Aaron Bentley <address@hidden> wrote:
> Cameron Patrick wrote:
>

> >Protecting against a lack of backups is not what cacherevs are for.  If
> >the archive is important to you, keep mirrors of it in several locations.
> >

> Protecting against lack of backups is a purpose cacherevs do serve.
> I've done some experiments,and not all of the tla--devo ancestry is
> online.  (looks like address@hidden is gone)  Without cacherevs,
> we'd be sunk.

        And, as it is, if I understood it correctly, we no longer have the
history associated with that archive, nor can have, unless the archive is
summoned back from the dead...

                rbp
--
 Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel                         <address@hidden>
 http://isnomore.net                          GPG KeyId: <0x0DB14978>

Winning isn't everything, but losing really sucks.