[Gnu-arch-users] tag'ged (branched) and cacherev'ed archive dependency?

From: Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] tag'ged (branched) and cacherev'ed archive dependency?
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:04:14 -0300

        Hi! Here I come with another newbie, probably silly question :)

        I had a local archive, address@hidden, where I started
a project ("zzbot--devel--0.1"). Then I decided to create a different archive,
address@hidden, for all my public projects.

        I tagged zzbot--devel--0.1 into address@hidden and
cachereved
address@hidden/zzbot--devel--0.1--base-0.

        Now,
http://regexps.srparish.net/tutorial-tla/elementary-branches.html#Elementary_Branches_--_Maintaining_Private_Changes
says "Thereafter, arch will no longer rely on Alice and Bob's archive to
retrieve Candice's base-0 revision.", so I supposed I'd be able to retrieve
zzbot--devel--0.1 from address@hidden without needing access to
address@hidden (which I actually intend to erase, eventually,
it was my first archive, more of a test archive, and I don't use it
anymore).

        But I created a (http) mirror of address@hidden and when
someone tries to "tla get" zzbot--devel--0.1, they receive:

address@hidden:~$ tla get address@hidden/zzbot--devel--0.1 zzbot
archive not registered: address@hidden
  (see register-archive)

        Ok, address@hidden/zzbot--devel--0.1 zzbot is a tag from
address@hidden/zzbot--devel--0.1, but shouldn't cacherev
eliminate the need of access to address@hidden If not, how
could it be accomplished? It doesn't seem very smart to force all users to
add all archives in a project's history, especially since arch seems to
encourage archives with the current year in their name and therefore moving
the projects to another archive somewhat frequently...

        Should I have "moved" the project differently?

                rbp
--
 Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel                         <address@hidden>
 http://isnomore.net                          GPG KeyId: <0x0DB14978>

I'd like to be a hairdresser. Or two. I'd like to be two hairdressers
          - Barry Wom, "The Rutles"