Re: [Gnu-arch-users] {archives} vs archives

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] {archives} vs archives
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 20:35:38 -0400

For local use:   ~/arch/address@hidden   [etc]
In public_html:  .../address@hidden

> I like to have naming conventions, I like the visual effect of { and }.

Note that while { and } are a good thing in the case of {arch} in project
trees -- because {arch} is a fixed name, they guard against namespace
collisions with the source-tree directories -- they're just annoying noise in
most other places; I don't know why some people starting using them for the
parent directory of their archives, but I wish they would stop.  For your
archive dirs, you can pick any name you want, so why not pick something nice?

-Miles