Re: [Gnu-arch-users] {archives} vs archives

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] {archives} vs archives
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:45:53 +1000

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 10:35, Miles Bader wrote:
> archive dirs, you can pick any name you want, so why not pick something nice?

Well, in some ways I do find ~/{archives} nice:
 - stands out as Something Interesting in ls
 - sorts by default at bottom of ls, so can see it quickly
 - (bash) tab completion works automatically - ls {<TAB> inserts \'es

And even when I just directly symlinked it to public_html,
yes the address url was rewritten (too onerous I think),
but in the html _content_ (apache default for dir listing),
the {'s and }'s show up nicely - I actually really like that.

But for me, { -> %7D URL conversion is too much, so at least in
public_html I'll just link as 'archives' or similar.

thanks
zen