Re: [Gnu-arch-users] .listing files

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] .listing files
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 07:52:28 +0200

Tom Lord <address@hidden> writes:

> The presense of .listing files imposes otherwise unecessary
> administrative burdens on archives (e.g., the need to notice when it
> is necessary to run `archive-fixup' and then to actually do it).

I have one question: When both .listing files and http directory
listing are available, which method is prefered?

>From what you say, .listing files can be harmfull, so, I suppose tla
should prefer standard directory listing. If this is the case, then,
is it really a problem to have .listing files when they are not
necessary? If they're not used by default, then, I guess it's not a
problem to have them screwed up ...

(I may be wrong ...)

--
Matthieu