Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "reply all" etiquette: reply-all vs. reply'ing to l

From: John Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "reply all" etiquette: reply-all vs. reply'ing to list
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 18:43:11 -0500

Zenaan Harkness wrote:

Well, I can understand how he feels, since have gotten to that
point of being _really, really sick of duplicate emails_!

Thus my email to the list.

Does anyone object if we change the recommended standard for
this list to:

reply-list

unless an original poster specifically requests a CC ??

That is (obviously) my preference?

TIA
Zen

Well, actually on many mailing lists there is a configure option for "don't CC an email from the list to me, if I'm already in the list of recipients."