Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "reply all" etiquette: reply-all vs. reply'ing to l

From: Andrew Suffield
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "reply all" etiquette: reply-all vs. reply'ing to list
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 00:48:16 +0100

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 06:43:11PM -0500, John Meinel wrote:
> Well, actually on many mailing lists there is a configure option for
> "don't CC an email from the list to me, if I'm already in the list of
> recipients."
>
> I use that on a couple other mailing lists I'm on, and it seems to work
> quite well. You can reply-all, and then the list takes care of not
> sending duplicates. If you log into
> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gnu-arch-users/
>
> The very last entry is "Avoid duplicate copies of messages?". Set that
> to Yes, it should help.

Actually that's the single *worst* result I have ever
encountered. Then you get one personal copy, and *no* list copies, so
no copy winds up in the list folder and there's not a damn thing you
can do about it (you receive no mails which contain enough information
to file them properly). Thread history is completely messed up.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |