[Gnu-arch-users] Serious problem here

From: Ulf Ochsenfahrt
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Serious problem here
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:40:18 +0100

Hi!

If someone could help me, that would be really appreciated.

We have been working with tla exclusively for quiet a while now (over
half a year), using several archives and everything. Recently, the new
tla version (tla-1.3-1) made it into Debian unstable (which we are
using here) and today something really bad happened.

My girlfriend was using my repository to commit to directly, so I
couldn't control what she was doing. I suggested setting up a branch
for her, which we did. I edited a file and commited. Then I star-merged
into my tree and commit-merged. Then I noticed something weired, tla
deleted patch-logs from earlier revisions (45 or 47 to 49something, we
were at 138). I got cold feet and tried to undo that patch. I got it
from the archive (patch-139) and dopatch --reversed it.

Now I can't checkout that revision on my gfs computer any more:

# tla get address@hidden/cqs--mainline--0.2 cqs3
Password:
* ensuring library has address@hidden/cqs--mainline--0.2--patch-140
* searching ancestor revision in library in archive address@hidden
* found ancestor revision in library
(address@hidden/cqs--mainline--0.2--patch-138)
* patching for this revision (address@hidden/cqs--mainline--0.2--patch-140)
* patching for revision address@hidden/cqs--mainline--0.2--patch-139
/home/asuffield/arch/dists/tla/tla-1.3/src/tla/libarch/library-txn.c:492:botched
 invariant
    !replay_status
PANIC: exiting on botched invariant

I deleted the last couple of revisions from both revlibs, but I still
can't check out that revision on my gf's pc anymore. I can check out on
my own. Now it gets even worse. I tried to do a star-merge into my
_public_ repository. And it did. It applied lots of patches _again_,
although most of them have already been merged in. Lots of conflicts -
of course (line-breaks inserted by me):

* star-merge by delta(address@hidden/cqs--mainline--
0.2--patch-47,address@hidden/cqs--mainline--0.2--patch-140)[/home/
ulfjack/arch/REMOTE-PUBLIC/cqs]

tla logs -f address@hidden/cqs--mainline--0.2 says that it has
patch-logs up to and including 133.

Any idea what went wrong? Could be several mistakes. Could have been my
fault (at least partially). Any idea how I could fix my repository?

Update: I deleted my gfs revlib and did a full checkout. Now star-merge
works again. Error in the revlib handling code? I still can't star-merge
into my public repository.

Update 2: I was able to manually merge my private changes into my
public repository. I could then do a sync-tree and now everything seems
to work again.

-- Ulf