Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Bazaar 1.2

From: John Arbash Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Bazaar 1.2
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:28:50 -0600

Matthieu MOY wrote:

[ I didn't try bazaar, but my answer applies to tla 1.4pre-1 ]

Update: it compiles if I manually add -I/.../src/baz to CFLAGS but
it fails to find -lcrypto and -lssl (needed by neon).

The only fixes I did were for the tests.  Nothing for actually building
it.

I don't remember needing to specify exactly where ssl and neon were.
But then again maybe I was just lucky.

About ssl, it depends on how libneon is compiled. If you compile it with
--with-ssl, then libneon depends on libssl, and you have to add -lssl and
a few others to the build command.

Are your neon and ssl headers in a standard place (/usr/local/...) and
are you using gcc?

That's the problem: tla will not add any directory to the list of include
directories for libneon. If it's in the standard place, it works,
otherwise, it won't compile and you'll have to edit the generated
Makefiles.

Actually, tla 1.3.1 the request for build just given out by Tom, uses
libneon's "libtool" to determine dependencies. Unfortunately, it isn't
perfect yet, as libtool returns "...libxml.la" which is the libtool
dependency, not "...libxml.so" which is the CC dependency.

Now, Tom is keeping libneon bundled with rest of tla, but probably his
work on parsing the libtool output could be incorporated into bazaar,
and then things will be found.

On my mac, I had to add CFLAGS="-I /sw/include" for bazaar, but it was
found by tla-1.3.1

John
=:->