Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [arch advocacy] Games from Within: litmus test for

From: Magnus Therning
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [arch advocacy] Games from Within: litmus test for revision control
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:34:50 +0100

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 07:31:13PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
>* Magnus Therning:
>
>> Of course Arch doesn't suffer from the shortcoming, and it passes the
>> "litmus test" with flying colours.
>
>Really?  Does it correctly handle newly added files in renamed
>directories?

Well, following the thread it seems you've pointed out a good test to
add to the regression tests :-)

I also have to admit that it took some testing to understand exactly
what you meant. The failure comes when trying to merge from a branch
where a file has been added in a directory that has been renamed in the
trunk. All other scenarios I could come up with works as I would expect.
When this little omission is fixed I'll be even more sure that using
Arch is the right thing to do :-)

(As I read the blog entry, the "litmus test" related to files only, and
that is something that Arch handles just fine.)

/M

address@hidden
http://magnus.therning.org/

by patent law on written works.