Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [arch advocacy] Games from Within: litmus test for

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [arch advocacy] Games from Within: litmus test for revision control
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:39:32 -0800 (PST)

   From: Jan Hudec <address@hidden>

   [re the inexact-patching directory creation bug]

   The problem here is, that the indices only contain full path from root
   to the files and their IDs, but not IDs of the parent directories.

You're ahead of me in diagnosis, if you are right (and I'm working
mostly on other things for the next few days).

One problem might be, as you say, that the parent dir ids are omitted
from the changeset indexes.  They are supposed to be there.

The other problem might be that, even if those are there, the code
in `dopatch' isn't using them correctly.

The same damn bug (by effect, not necessarily cause) occured in `larch'.