[Gnu-arch-users] recent changes

From: Andy Tai
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] recent changes
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:38:38 -0800 (PST)

Hi, for these interested, just to note that I made mainly usability
enhancements to the current
tla.  Now tla supports:

tla diff -- [files... ]

to do diff on specified files.  (I did not use "tla diff [files]" to be
consistent with the rest
of tla's commands, as suggested here on the list)

tla diff -L

to do diff against the "head" or the latest revision of the branch

tla switch revision

to switch the current directory to the specified revision

tla branch new_branch

to branch off the revision of the current directory and then switch the current
directory tree to
the new branch.  Otherwise tla branch serves as an alias of tla tag.

The next steps are to borrow the "export" and "merge" from bazaar.  Then I will
see if "annotate"
can be implemented as well.

tla switch sometimes causes later diffs to fail on an invarient violation.  So
use with care...

Please let me know of any comments regarding these changes, especially if you
think some command
should be implemented in a particular way in the interests of usability.  Also
please try these
commands to help ensuring they work properly :-)

Thanks,
Andy