Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Behavior by default and configuration file

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Behavior by default and configuration file
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 09:47:34 +0100

Hi,

Well, I think Aldrik was not talking about actual scriptability, but
rather about adding new configuration files, not unlike those we already
know (=tagging-method, =default-archive, =revision-library, etc.).

For the automatic revision caching that was discussed earlier, for
instance, one could add a `=cacherev-frequency' file either in
`.arch-params' or in project trees.  This is much more lightweight than
actual scriptability.

Andy Tai <address@hidden> writes:

>   small, easy to embed in a C host environment
>   with syntax and semantics similar to C and C++ and Java

So I think scriptability is another story.  But keep in mind that GNU
Project's extension language is Scheme, and its implementation is Guile.
Also, while I don't want to start a programming language troll, I think
many people would agree that Java-like languages and syntaxes do not
qualify as good scripting languages.

Thanks,
Ludovic.