[Gnu-arch-users] Re: doc formats

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: doc formats
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:56:55 +0900

matthew hannigan <address@hidden> writes:
> Realistically, ReST is probably as close as we'll come.

Er, I don't know about that.  There are about 1,783 different
"structured text" formats out there, and ReST doesn't seem to be a
particularly great one.

For instance, it seems to randomly, and confusingly, use the same syntax
for different purposes in ways that don't make much apparent sense,
and the table syntax is completely awful (tables are actually ascii-art
tables, which are a big pain in the butt to maintain).

I'd give it a C.

-Miles
--
We are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
-Oscar Wilde