[Gnu-arch-users] task list

From: Andy Tai
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] task list
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 11:02:13 -0800

Hi, there were recently talks of a task list for interested new people
to contribute to Arch.  So based on what I see I make the following
list; hopefully there are volunteers for them :-)

small, immediately useful tasks:

reviving the old tutorial from Tom, update it to the latest release.
update the reference section on the wiki with the latest added commands.
create a or update the current man page for distributing with tla (the
one from debian corresponds to version 1.3.3)

user interface command improvements that still exists in baz but are
not ported yet over to tla--we only want these that does not require
incompatible changes to the archive format and can be done using the
tla infrastructure--I want to ensure the compatibility

revision library pruning--there are current implementations in
scripts, would be good to have one in tla itself; also the algorithm
should be usability-tested

web browser--currently we have Archzoom, but it uses too much CPU in
some site.  Would be good to improve it or to create new alternatives.

smarter algorithms for revision library caching (new revision entry
creation, in order to reduce the space taken by the revision library)
within the current infrastructure or with minimal additions so old tla
releases can still read archives created with the new stuff

"big" contributions:

reviving the efforts on Arch 2.0, take Tom's last implementation and
porting the missing functionality there from the 1.x version...
if the above works out, write the converter to convert tla 1.x or baz
1.x format archives to the 2.0 format...

other additions or suggest changes to this list welcome...