Re: [Gnu-arch-users] task list

From: Lionel Elie Mamane
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] task list
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 02:36:05 +0100

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 11:54:58AM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> For example, commands that set/query a default value or a setting
>> start with "my-".

> The only two settings that I occasionally need to get/set are:

>     tla archives
>     tla my-revision-library

I usually to "tla my-default-archive" before starting to work on a
project. I set it on the archive I'm going to work on, because I
usually work on at least two branches.

> where the first is accessed with `tla archives' but set with `tla
> register-archive'.

Maybe it is me that has adapted to tla, but I don't see
"register-archive" as a "user setting" which is what the my- commands
do.

> What bothers me is completion *as a user*.  Here is my typical gripe:

>      my revlib just got wiped.  I remember I have to recreate it but can't
>      remember how that done or even where it is.  Intuitively, I do
>      something like `tla lib[TAB]' to get the list of revlib-related
>      commands (which I find much quicker than `tla help') and fail to find
>      `my-revision-library'.

I see. That's a point.

--
Lionel