Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Revived tutorial

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Revived tutorial
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:15:57 +0100

Hi,

Andrea Russo <address@hidden> writes:

> I've done a tla get on that branch, but it seems something wrong
> happened. I ended up with a tree without the texi directory:

Gosh, my `base-0' revision was deeply broken.  That should be fixed
now.

What happened is that `base-0' did not contain the files that correspond
to `CONTINUATION'.  Instead it contained those of another branched I had
tagged earlier as `arch-tutorial--devo--1.3'.  I had then done some
nasty things, including removing the newly created `arch-tutorial'
branch by hand (i.e., `rm -rf') before recreating it with a *different*
continuation.  In the meantime, `arch-tutorial--devo--1.3--base-0' (the
wrong one) had entered the revlib, so the first import of the new
`arch-tutorial--devo--1.3' yielded that wrong `...base-0.tar.gz'.

Is `import' relying on the revlib?  If so, I guess it shouldn't, because
a `base-0' revision should not be in the revlib before the first import.

Anyway the conclusion is: don't do nasty things with your archives -- or
be very careful.  ;-)

Thanks,
Ludovic.