Re: [Gnu-arch-users] task list

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] task list
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:05:42 +0100

Hi,

Andy Tai <address@hidden> writes:

> tla my-revision-lirary  => tla library-dir
>
> tla make-archive => tla archive-create

Wait.  The current naming is not as ``principled'' as the one proposed
by Stefan, but it is *consistent*.  If we were to switch to some other
naming scheme, we'd have to do it for each and every command name in
order to maintain consistency.  So I think we should not pick up two
command names at random and change their names while leaving the rest
unchanged.  ;-)

As for the naming scheme, I find the current one quite nice in fact.
Unlike Stefan's, it's not systematic, but it has the advantage of being
human-readable and concise, which is a good thing for a CLI.

Thanks,
Ludovic.