Re: [Gnu-arch-users] task list

From: Lionel Elie Mamane
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] task list
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 15:15:25 +0100

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 01:05:42PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Andy Tai <address@hidden> writes:

>> tla my-revision-lirary  => tla library-dir

>> tla make-archive => tla archive-create

> Wait.  The current naming is not as ``principled'' as the one proposed
> by Stefan, but it is *consistent*.

> As for the naming scheme, I find the current one quite nice in fact.
> Unlike Stefan's, it's not systematic, but it has the advantage of
> being human-readable and concise, which is a good thing for a CLI.

For example, commands that set/query a default value or a setting
start with "my-". It makes things easier for humans to remember, which
is the goal in the end. I prefer that the shell autocompletion rules
writer
has to do _once_ a list of:

 my-default-archive
 make-archive

expect an archive name as argument and easier for _all_ users than
permitting the autocompletion writer to say "archive-* expects an
archive name" and make it more difficult for all users.

--
Lionel