[Gnu-arch-users] Revived tutorial

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Revived tutorial
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:21:26 +0100

Hi,

Andy Tai <address@hidden> writes:

> reviving the old tutorial from Tom, update it to the latest release.
> update the reference section on the wiki with the latest added commands.
> create a or update the current man page for distributing with tla (the
> one from debian corresponds to version 1.3.3)

I've started working a bit on this[*].  Basically, I just branched off
of the latest version of the tutorial I could find and started to
rearrange the chapters and sections in a way that makes it easier for
newcomers to look up some particular feature.  Now, the main chapters
are:

  * Getting Started::                 `make-archive', `import', etc.
  * Working With Arch::               The basics: `get', `commit', etc.
  * Collaborating With Other People:: `update', `replay', `star-merge', etc.
  * Customizing Arch::                =tagging-method, revlibs
  * Advanced Topics::                 patch logs, changesets

I'd like to get feedback on this.

Besides, the tutorial is quite up-to-date except that it doesn't mention
the new commands (e.g., `branch', `switch') nor `undo' and `redo'.  It
also lacks a section on signed archives, and certainly other things I
didn't think of.

Thanks,
Ludovic.

[*] Location: http://www.laas.fr/~lcourtes/software/arch-2005/