Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Revived tutorial

From: Pedro Perez
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Revived tutorial
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 13:18:14 -0500

Ludovic Courtès wrote:

Hi,

Andy Tai <address@hidden> writes:

reviving the old tutorial from Tom, update it to the latest release.
update the reference section on the wiki with the latest added commands.
create a or update the current man page for distributing with tla (the
one from debian corresponds to version 1.3.3)

I've started working a bit on this[*].  Basically, I just branched off
of the latest version of the tutorial I could find and started to
rearrange the chapters and sections in a way that makes it easier for
newcomers to look up some particular feature.  Now, the main chapters
are:

 * Getting Started::                 `make-archive', `import', etc.
 * Working With Arch::               The basics: `get', `commit', etc.
 * Collaborating With Other People:: `update', `replay', `star-merge', etc.
 * Customizing Arch::                =tagging-method, revlibs
 * Advanced Topics::                 patch logs, changesets

I'd like to get feedback on this.

Besides, the tutorial is quite up-to-date except that it doesn't mention
the new commands (e.g., `branch', `switch') nor `undo' and `redo'.  It
also lacks a section on signed archives, and certainly other things I
didn't think of.

Thanks,
Ludovic.

[*] Location: http://www.laas.fr/~lcourtes/software/arch-2005/
   Branch: arch-tutorial--devo--1.3
Hello,
I have created a very simple patch that removes the curly braces " {, }" from the archive data storage directory.

   Example-old:
   cd ~/{archives}/

   Example-new:
   cd ~/archives/

   The location of my mirror is:
http://www.opensourcetechnologies.net/archives/address@hidden

   Branch name is:
   arch--tutorial--1.3

Let me know if there are any questions,
--
Pedro Perez

P.S. This is the first time I ever tagged, changeset, apply-changeset, etc. so there might be mistakes all over the place. Just point them out (and supply a fix :) ) and I will fix it. I think I have provided enough information to access my mirror, if not, let me know as well. Thanks.