Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Revived tutorial

From: Pedro Perez
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Revived tutorial
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 17:09:35 -0500

Mark Flacy wrote:

On 2006.02.17 12:18, Pedro Perez wrote:

Hello,
I have created a very simple patch that removes the curly braces "{, }" from the archive data storage directory.

    Example-old:
    cd ~/{archives}/

    Example-new:
    cd ~/archives/

    The location of my mirror is:
http://www.opensourcetechnologies.net/archives/address@hidden

    Branch name is:
    arch--tutorial--1.3

Let me know if there are any questions,

Hello Mr. Flacy,
   Thanks for the suggestions.

Why didn't you read the list archives?

I did, details below.

Why do you think this is a good idea?

Honestly, for me, it is just aesthetics.

Upon searching the mailing list archives, I came across the following posts:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-arch-users/2005-03/msg00307.html
If someone has a backup copy of the content of this tutorial, I would greatly appreciate it. I think Tom removed the usage of curly braces for both {archives} and {revlib} within this 'New Handbook'

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-arch-users/2005-03/msg00370.html

More evidence, from Tom, that the removal of curly braces from the name "{archives}" is not a major issue:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-arch-users/2005-03/msg00381.html

I will continue to search the mailing list for more evidence. If you have a specific technical reason why they should not be removed, could you please, point me towards the mailing list post. I would gladly read it.

--
Pedro Perez