[Gnu-arch-users] Re: request for comments on partial commits

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: request for comments on partial commits
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 16:35:33 +0900

"Andy Tai" <address@hidden> writes:
> Hi, for the partial commit problem I am thinking of a simple method:
> the user will have to commit the whole tree after a file renaming or
> file deletion operation, which means the change to the directory
> content.  Are there any objection to this approach as a short-term
> measure?   Thanks for comments on this.

Wait a minute are you saying partial commits would be disallowed in the
presence of "tree modification"?

That seems way too harsh -- I _very_ often do partial commits of "only
modified" files when I've added or removed other files..  I can more or
less deal with the current constraints, but it would be very annoying if
there were even more constraints...

-miles
--
"Suppose we've chosen the wrong god. Every time we go to church we're
just making him madder and madder." -- Homer Simpson