Re: [GNU-linux-libre] more http://libreplanet.org/wiki?title=NONFSDG stu

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] more http://libreplanet.org/wiki?title=NONFSDG stuff
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 13:04:14 +0200

Karl Goetz schreef:
> hi all,
> I've started comparing gNewSense's two blacklists with the NONFSDG [1],
> and its brought up some questions about the page, and some potential
> new additions.
>
> [1] http://libreplanet.org/wiki?title=NONFSDG
>
> == Questions ==
> * Under 'references', should we be including more then one? in the case
> of 'aee' the page currently links to trisquels. its also gns savannah
> bug 28950. (This is a bad example, but the point remains).
> This would allow us to reference NONFSDG instead of each referring to
> our own bug reports.

So a distro blacklist refers to NONFSDG and NONFSDG refers to one or
more bug reports? Sounds good to me.

> == Potential Additions ==
> (Anything not accepted for the list i'll re-enable in gns).

(snip)
> libsnmp-base (may not be a real problem, looks like its rfcs)
>       http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=498475
> libsmi2-common (may not be a real problem, looks like its rfcs)
>       http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=498476

I'm not familiar with MIBs, but it looks like functional data to me. The
Debian bug report says that some of them need patching, but distributing
patched files is not allowed. Annoying to say the least, not FSDG-free IMO.

(snip)
> Sorry its a big list, but we haven't done a clean out+merge for a
> while.

The whole list seems valid to me.

Any non-gNewSense opinions?

--